Getting Help Page
We have numerous resources to help you get up and running with a SmoothStepper!
- Purchasing a SmoothStepper and other components
- Online Resources
- Types of Support Provided
- Online Support
- Contact Us
Purchasing a SmoothStepper and other components
You may purchase from our Distributors.
Our Getting Started page walks you though a lot of information you need to know!
We have a YouTube channel, which has videos showing how to do a lot of the setup and configuration for the SmoothSteppers. The main YouTube page also has additional videos that are not included in the playlists.
Our YouTube playlists to guide you through:
Our Software and plugin downloads:
Our documentation for the:
We have a Troubleshooting page here.
Types of Support Provided
This forum is meant to support the SmoothStepper's (ESS & USS) integration into Mach3 & Mach4, and to help people get their SmoothSteppers up and running.
In general we don't recommend specific BOBs or motor drivers, but we have a list of commonly used ones by our users.
In general we don't recommend specific CAD or CAM software, but we have a list of commonly used ones by our users.
The SmoothStepper and its plugins work with Mach3 (ESS & USS) and Mach4 (ESS only at the moment) and the SmoothSteppers are able to work with lua and VB scripts(pass data back and forth through Mach). However, the implementation and development of lua and VB scripting is beyond the scope of the support that we provide. It becomes very user and machine dependent, and there are too many variables to handle. We don't have the resources to help people with their individual scripting problems.
There may be others who can provide additional scripting help for you on the MachSupport forum. Also you may find the Programing in Lua book to be a good resource into learning lua in depth (which helps tremendously when writing scripts). However, you may also need to consider hiring someone who specializes in lua to help you with the development of your specific scripts.
If you are having problems PLEASE INCLUDE the following information in your post:
- If you are using an ESS or USS.
- If you are using Mach3 or Mach4, and which version.
- Which version of the SmoothStepper plugin you are using.
- Also please include your .XML profile if it is Mach3, or your .ini profile if it is Mach4
Please note, that you must have a valid copy of Windows. If your computer says that "This copy of Windows is not Genuine" it is very possible that Windows is interfering with communications between Mach and the SmoothStepper, and we will not provide support until you have a fully function windows installation.
This also goes for Mach, if you have a hacked or pirated license we will not provide support, since Mach3 will cripple functionality in strange ways with an invalid license. You may use an unlicensed or demo version, just realize that they will limit how much you can do.
If we determine that a remote session is the best way to help fix your problem, we may ask you to download the TeamViewer software from this primary link or the TeamViewer software from this secondary link.
- Please do not change the name of the TeamViewer file when you download it! The strange name at the end associates it with our logo and company name.
- Please use TeamViewer 11 since TeamViewer 12 is incompatible with our license.
- We will send you an email, please respond to that email with the nine digit ID and 4 digit password that TeamViewer will give you once you run it.
- We will typically converse with you through notepad while we are on TeamViewer. We will have you move the motors yourself since you are present at your machine.